View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Final Fantasy VII 

Primary Device: Xperia Pro
Operating System: Ice Cream Sandwich
ROM: Rooted Stock Rom
Post Re: Final Fantasy VII
Ok, from what I've read it looks like you've gotta load Disc 1, load a Disc 2 save and load Disc 2, there's no problem in using SaveStates I think..

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 am

Primary Device: HP Touchpad
Operating System: Android
How do I get a disc 2 save if I can't get to disc two? Do I just use a savestate at the title screen of 2? Haha.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

I don't know, that's just what I've read.
I guess other people were able to load Disc 2 alone and save, do you not ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
I don't have a direct answer to the disk load situation, but I have a couple comments.

First, I know schtruck has spent a lot of time getting the disk change to work - so I'm sorry you're having problems :(. It does work, I'm sorry it's not working for you in this situation.

About save states: do not rely on save states! They work 90% of the time, or more. But, sometimes they have problems. Always save your game via in-game save. In fact, I recommend only using the in-game save, and just use save states for the specific times they're needed - right before a decision that you might want to go back on, or a boss fight, etc. Even then, make sure you have your game saved via memory card. Like I said, save states usually work - just don't let the one time it doesn't work ruin your work in the game.

Disk cahnge - most games that have you change disk allow you to save immediately before they have you cahange the disk. If you have problems with the disk change, save your game at that spot when the game lets you. Then restart fpse. Load the next disk. Load your save game - you should be able to continue from there.

Disk cahnge - process: menu, eject. choose next disk. The game should read the new disk. You may need to do menu, quit, restart - but that's more or less the equivalent of pressing 'reset' on the playstation.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze
OpenGL may allow not have the same problems with the game freezing on situations like that. If OpenGL works for you - use it. Gfx are so much better. If it works, but is too slow, you may just need to use it in situations like this where specific things cause the game to have issues.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 pm

The problem is.. if they are unable to get savestates to work they should either work on them or have asked the developers of another emulator (epsxe?) in the first place and work on emulating their savestate system or merge the two into another kind of save that would work for both of them.
Android and Linux are not that different at all and they should know that.
... THAT if the Android version is not just a mere port/recreation of the Windows Mobile version, which would explain why there are so many bugs.

It is still the best (and only as psx4droid is a dead project) PSX emulator for Android but the price is DAMN high and there is absolutely NO kind of support.
What a shame ...

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 am

So, the issue now is that when I load the second disc it does not read the data from either memory card. Is there a way to fix that? Thank you for all the replies guys.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1
So when you finished Disc 1 you definitely saved at the end but Disc 2 doesn't find the saved data?

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, that is the problem. I can always load my saved data from the memory card when I start up disc one. But when I load disc two there is no data in the memory cards for some reason.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1
Well to me that sounds like the discs could be from different regions. For example a PAL Disc 2 wouldn't detect an NTSC Disc 1 saving. So if you have incompatible copies that could be the problem.

You could find out by loading disc 1 and finding out if it runs at 60FPS or 50FPS on the title screen and then do the same with disc 2. If they run at different framerates they will be from different regions and won't play together.

60FPS = NTSC-J/NTSC-U (Japan and America)
50FPS = PAL (UK, Europe, Austrailia)

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next