Apple Ipad

A place for forum members to chat about whatever they please (within reason... Keep it clean guys).
CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Re: Apple Ipad

Postby CloudStrife86 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Everyone has been calling it a failure or a disappointment. One guy called it the biggest disappointment since The Phantom Menace. :lol:
The first thing that came into my head when I saw it was, "that giant iPod Touch looks crap, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.". You can get an HP tablet PC with higher spec, you can do all the stuff this can and more, for a similar price.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 pm

What was really fun was the intriduction by Steve J. (I refuse to tell his name anymore lol).
Exactly the same as for the Iphone! blah blah blah, blah blah blah, and we call it "Ipad" (wait?! what's this ugly big thing he's showing us? An Iphod that took too much steroids or what??)

After trying to make people believe Apple invented the smartphone with the Iphone, they are now trying to make people believe they invented the Tablet PC with the Ipad !!!!

Their marketing and communication power is huge!!!

I just quote Cloudstrife:
CloudStrife86 wrote:You can get an HP tablet PC with higher spec, you can do all the stuff this can and more, for a similar price.

But you can be sure millions of people will now believe that the Ipad is the only device of that kind that exist!!! Or that if some others may exist, they are much lower!

Once again, I'm quite sad to see Apple, that in my opinion originally was a "rebel" company, turning to a marketing oriented company, making money by mesmerizing people and copying old ideas and concepts instead of really creating and developping something new.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:41 pm

It really gets under my skin when I know that Apple can release anything, and put an "i" at the beginning of the name, and the masses will flock to buy it. It could be the iWonderSwan and it'd sell like the Nintendo DS and Wii.
I know some people who have iPhones, and automatically brand my phone, or any other non-iPhone as inferior. I get things like, "There are thousands of apps on the app store", "look how smooth the UI is" and anything else they can think of.
I argue that there are only probably a few hundred unique apps, and most of them are duplicates of others. On the app store on my iPod Touch, I've seen hundreds of variations of solitaire or sudoku or whatever.
There are obviously duplicates of applications for WinMo as well, but you can do everything you can with the iPhone: Music player? WMP; Document editing? Office Mobile; Sat-Nav? tomtom, garmin, copilot, etc.; facebook, YouTube, Google Maps, email, Acrobat, Footprints, Twitter, Opera, FM radio.
All that above, is without mentioning FpseCE or Morphgear! Then you also have the benefit of hardware buttons if you want them, and you aren't tied to using iTunes to get music and video on your phone.
Oh, one more thing I almost forgot to mention 480x800 WVGA, mobile High Definition screens.

I really cannot see why people blindly buy the iPhone, especially when it is as wildly over-priced as it is. I can see already, that regardless of what critics say of this iPad, it is going to be one of the most sought-after items on the market for Apple's flock.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Suicidal.Banana
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1

Postby Suicidal.Banana » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 pm

@i900frenchaddict: I know what you mean, apple came up with the idea of windows, go figure. (shit i know i shouldn't have posted that, mac flock +1)

@CloudStrife86: This will always continue to happen, and actually, has always happened, remember the nokia 3310/3330 for example? same story, pretty shitty mass production phone, but it was a fashion-statement to have one, same applies to ALL of apple, which i gotta say is actually pretty good marketing from apple.

The odd part is (what you describe) that Apple keeps acting as if they've come with the new revolution, while with most of their inventions their way behind times.

Hopefully sooner than later this realization will hit the mac folks, upon which they will all go for android phones (which im sure at the time will be super-duper-user-friendly) after which the story repeats itself, and again, and again.

Imo theres 2 kinds of people when it comes to hardware (in general), the first kind either knows what is best or does extensive research to find out whats best, or even what can be made the best, the other kind bases his/her idea on what they see in their surroundings and what is expensive, if both apply, it must be a good product no?

Edit: This is apple's trick to sells these things, and this is a good indication of how high steve thinks of himself/apple (bscly saying that if a mac crashes, it must be because of google or adobe)
Im a FpseCE supporter!

Return to “Off-Topic”