Ghetto shoulder buttons

A place for forum members to chat about whatever they please (within reason... Keep it clean guys).
luniq
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Ghetto shoulder buttons

Postby luniq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 am

Hi guys,

I made this ghetto shoulder buttons for touchscreen 2 weeks ago and want to share with you guys. This is how it looks like with my nexus 7

I made it from aluminium foil, wire and tape. The foil that touches the screen is connected using wire to the exposed foil on the corner which acts as the button. It works quite well, it is responsive and sensitive to touch. I thought of this because i missed the shoulder buttons like those on controllers and psp. While not as good as the one on controllers but it is better than nothing... Anyway, if you want shoulder buttons for your device this is one way to get it... :mrgreen:

The button that i made you see in the picture, one of them is actually already broken because the wire was too thin. I just created another one using a thicker wire and it looks more rigid. Right now im thinking of making one without using any tape because it is not portable to use tape. Using tape, if you remove it you can still stick it back but you cannot store in a bag for example because it will get tangled up and then cannot be used anymore. I made one using only paper clip, while it works but it doesnt hold pretty well. If you have any idea for improvements or have seen a product that does somtething similar please share ;)

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Re: Ghetto shoulder buttons

Postby i900frenchaddict » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm

What a great idea !!!! :o

If you could use kind of a sticky material so that the wire is removable ans simply sticked to the screen, that would be huge!

susuki5678
Primary Device: asdsda
Operating System: sadsadasd
ROM: sadasdsad

Re: Ghetto shoulder buttons

Postby susuki5678 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:56 am

If you have any idea for improvements
gclub88

Return to “Off-Topic”