View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Issues with running Supporter Version on Touch Pro 2 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Operating System: WM 6.5
Post Issues with running Supporter Version on Touch Pro 2
Hi all,

I just got the supporter version and tried it on my HTC touch pro 2 (Us sprint version, cdma, wm 6.5). I have some questions that need your help, thanks a lot in advance!@!

1) I tried it with 2 games: FFT(Final Fantasy Tactics), and FF9 for the realtime saving/loading feature. I can see the saving progress dots going, but then the game screen got black, I couldn't do anything other than closing the program. If I load the savestate when it's black, it automatically exits the program. So basically so far I have not enjoyed this PREMIUM feature at all and this is the main reason I want to get the supporter version for...

2) What is the "True PAD in overlay" as another premium feature? And how do I set it up to use it?

3) How do I set it up to use "Forcefeedback using Vibration of your phone" feature?

4) For the "Push button to put FpseCE to Background", where is the "push" button on yoru default UI? I didnt see it until I downloaded another WVGA skin and found on "minimize" icon on it. I can click on it to exit to the wm home screen, but how do I go back to FPSE? The only way I found working is click on the fpse program icon again to relaunch it. Is it right?

5) I used all default settings for those 2 games, except changing gfxdrv from 2 to 4, I heard 4 meant for D3D display, rt? Does it provide better and more clear 3d graphics? But with Sound on, both FF9 and FFT are about 25 (fighting scenes)-45 fps, maybe 50 fps for ff9 cutscenes. If I change gfxdrv back to 2, it actually will increase the fps by 5-10. Is this normal to my touch pro 2? Or any better setup I should do? I don't understand why using d3d will be slower than 2 (what exactly does it mean by 1~4 anyways?) given touch pro 2 actually has a qualcomm 7001a which has gpu integrated...

6) Is there any patch I need to set to on in those 2 games ini files? like those Lazyxxx, Busyxxxx, High Resxxx stuff....

7) In the change list (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=376) page, I can see some attachments like PAD, skin..., are those required to be downloaded to get the full feature of latest supporter version or just some optional skins?

8) I noticed some times when I slide out the keyboard when I am in game, the program will exit. Then I have to change the game specific ini file to change gfxdrv back to 2, restart fpse, close it using the power button on ui. The change it back to 4, restart it, then slide out keyboard to play it in landscape mode will not exit the program. Is this a known bug?

Can you kindly answer my questions inline with details?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Post Re: Issues with running Supporter Version on Touch Pro 2
Firstly ALL answers on this questions you can find in FpseCE documentation - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90&start=0
And in News thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=376
I warn you for that and for making double-post.

tomguide wrote:
1) I tried it with 2 games: FFT(Final Fantasy Tactics), and FF9 for the realtime saving/loading feature. I can see the saving progress dots going, but then the game screen got black, I couldn't do anything other than closing the program. If I load the savestate when it's black, it automatically exits the program. So basically so far I have not enjoyed this PREMIUM feature at all and this is the main reason I want to get the supporter version for...

So it looks like you didn't read received message from Schtruck?
In fpse.ini you need to set EnableHLE=off.

tomguide wrote:
2) What is the "True PAD in overlay" as another premium feature? And how do I set it up to use it?

Get two packages from here - download/file.php?id=175 , download/file.php?id=173 , unzip the PAD.zip into SKINS subdirectory.

tomguide wrote:
3) How do I set it up to use "Forcefeedback using Vibration of your phone" feature?

Add "VibrateLED=3" into [POCKETPC] section of fpse.ini file.

tomguide wrote:
4) For the "Push button to put FpseCE to Background", where is the "push" button on yoru default UI? I didnt see it until I downloaded another WVGA skin and found on "minimize" icon on it. I can click on it to exit to the wm home screen, but how do I go back to FPSE? The only way I found working is click on the fpse program icon again to relaunch it. Is it right?

There's no minimize button in the default skins. You should download new ones from here - viewforum.php?f=36

tomguide wrote:
5) I used all default settings for those 2 games, except changing gfxdrv from 2 to 4, I heard 4 meant for D3D display, rt? Does it provide better and more clear 3d graphics? But with Sound on, both FF9 and FFT are about 25 (fighting scenes)-45 fps, maybe 50 fps for ff9 cutscenes. If I change gfxdrv back to 2, it actually will increase the fps by 5-10. Is this normal to my touch pro 2? Or any better setup I should do? I don't understand why using d3d will be slower than 2 (what exactly does it mean by 1~4 anyways?) given touch pro 2 actually has a qualcomm 7001a which has gpu integrated...

GFXDRV=4 - DirectX
GFXDRV=2 - GAPI
It just means that your device work better with GAPI driver, thats all.
tomguide wrote:
6) Is there any patch I need to set to on in those 2 games ini files? like those Lazyxxx, Busyxxxx, High Resxxx stuff....

Ask about it here - viewforum.php?f=35

tomguide wrote:
7) In the change list (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=376) page, I can see some attachments like PAD, skin..., are those required to be downloaded to get the full feature of latest supporter version or just some optional skins?

Its a new image files which support new features available only with Supporter version.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Operating System: WM 6.5
Wow, that's really quick reply, thanks a lot. Q-Ball!

Can you kindly answer my following further questions:?

1) As part of the the question 4 I posted above, for the "Push button to put FpseCE to Background", I downloaded another WVGA skin and found one "minimize" icon on it. I can click on it to exit to the wm home screen, but how do I go back to FPSE? The only way I found working is click on the fpse program icon again to relaunch it. And I can NOt find the fpse process even in the task manager so no switching task can be done here...Is there any other easier way to do this?

2) The supporter version I got seems only a main program file which needs to be added on top of original old free version 0.10, And what about those ini files under CFG folder I created with older version, do I need to remove those and use new version to generate new ones to support new features every time I got a newer version?

3) I noticed some times when I slide out the keyboard when I am in game, the program will exit. Then I have to change the game specific ini file to change gfxdrv back to 2, restart fpse, close it using the power button on ui. The change it back to 4, restart it, then slide out keyboard to play it in landscape mode will not exit the program. Is this a known bug?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
tomguide wrote:
1) As part of the the question 4 I posted above, for the "Push button to put FpseCE to Background", I downloaded another WVGA skin and found one "minimize" icon on it. I can click on it to exit to the wm home screen, but how do I go back to FPSE? The only way I found working is click on the fpse program icon again to relaunch it. And I can NOt find the fpse process even in the task manager so no switching task can be done here...Is there any other easier way to do this?

When you re-open the program from the main icon, it resumes from where it was when you minimised. It doesn't go into the little task manager icon in the corner.

tomguide wrote:
2) The supporter version I got seems only a main program file which needs to be added on top of original old free version 0.10, And what about those ini files under CFG folder I created with older version, do I need to remove those and use new version to generate new ones to support new features every time I got a newer version?

Yes, delete all the old files in the CFG folder. New ones will be made, with additional entries for each game you run. This only needs to be done when a new update includes changes in the fpse.ini file (you'll find out with each release).

tomguide wrote:
3) I noticed some times when I slide out the keyboard when I am in game, the program will exit. Then I have to change the game specific ini file to change gfxdrv back to 2, restart fpse, close it using the power button on ui. The change it back to 4, restart it, then slide out keyboard to play it in landscape mode will not exit the program. Is this a known bug?

That just means that the game you are running doesn't support landscape with DirectX. By doing what you are doing, you are inadvertently changing the game's config file to use GFXDRV=2 (which is VGA by the way, not GAPI). If you want to avoid doing this, run the game from it's own shortcut in the start menu.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Primary Device: SimpleMobile|HD2
Operating System: Nandroid_v2.3.7
ROM: DorimanX
Interesting stuff!

The minimize feature would best be labeled "SmartHibernate", since its really just a "SaveState"!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]