View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Touch Pro 2 Games & Initial INIs 
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Post Touch Pro 2 Games & Initial INIs
I recommend starting with the attached INI file in this thread. This is a good one to start with and has been stated as "the best (INI) i tested at the moment." :D I've only played a few games, but everyone I've tried has been good so far.

The following games get real nice FPS:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Twisted Metal 2
    To be continued...

Note: Sound is disabled in this INI. If you wish to turn on sound, make EnableSound=ON. Be warned as sound will drop your FPS. I use the screen button overlay because using the keyboard drops the FPS down a LOT. If you find a fix for the keyboard FPS lag, please let me know. You will want to customize the screen overlay to your preference for each game. Also, please post any other games this INI works good with and any tweaks you may have used.

Additional Info: This INI also works good for Touch Pro 1 and Diamond 1 & 2 models (possibly others). If you use this for a different phone, be sure to change the GFXDRV=X to your appropriate screen resolution.

EDIT: Repackaged the INI. No modifications were made to the config file.
Attachment:
TP2-RhodiumINI-II.zip [2.27 KiB]
Downloaded 1374 times

EDIT2: Jan 24
I have added two game specific INIs that after testing I have found to be optimal. If you have any tweaks to add to these please let me know. The first INI is for Final Fantasy VII and the other is Twisted Metal 2.
Attachment:
FF VII.zip [1.6 KiB]
Downloaded 600 times

Attachment:
TwistedMetal2.zip [1.62 KiB]
Downloaded 388 times

PS: You can view a more detailed post of the above on my wesbite here: http://www.totalgamerz.com/2010/01/fpsece-information-dump.html

Last edited by mastanobu on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

Primary Device: T-Mo HD2
Operating System: wm 6.5 sense 2.5
ROM: TMOUSA Stock ROM
Post Re: Touch Pro 2 Starting INI
thanks for this man. i have to be honest the main reason i got the touch pro 2 was so i could play fpsece with the full qwerty. i'll have to give your .ini a try though, to see if fps really do go up for me. i don't seem to get button lag anymore though, since i assigned the top six keys in the in the upper left and upper right of the keyboard.123,qwe, on left and 890,iop on the right. start and select are mapped to the space bar and symbol buttons. i used to get lag when i had the msg,ctrl,sms and browser keys mapped to fpse though...

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:24 am
Guru

Thanks. I will have to retry with those buttons and see if it makes any difference.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Hello, I am new to this so bare with me. After several hours of testing games on the new TP2 I noticed some hopefully promising results that may help in development of faster gameplay. I was getting terrible framerates attempting to play NHL 2001, so I tried rhodium II ini. it a slight bit faster, but when I switched back to the original ini that came with fpsece without soft reset I noticed quickly that gameplay was incredibly fast, I mean ridicoulous speed, even though FPS didnt change 18-25 fps. Ithe gameplay went from amazingly slow to incredible. Anyways if someone can look into this maybe I stumbled across something that may not require a snapdragon to achieve amazing gameplay. Please let me know why this would happen. Thanks and I will monitor to see if anyone else can replicate this or if I need to elaborate more.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 am
Guru

That sounds strange being the FPS show up the same speed. Did you happen to turn on Frameskip or anything? Do you have a way to record your phone with a camera to show the speed differences then upload to youtube?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:58 am
Profile WWW

I can figure it out i think, i posted a bit more info in the news section. Still trying other games but as of now only been able to do it with NHL 2001 because I wanted to get that game to work better.
Frameskip on zero to answer your question as well.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 am

That is an amazing discovery i'm really going to have to try it! please do explain anymore details or success with other games!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 am
Guru

I attempted the speed "thing" with FF VII and didn't see any difference. Were you able to get the same results with other games?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

mastanobu! besides sound being off, what have you done to change the .ini you have posted in post 1?? i tried it and liked the fps gains i saw on wipeout xl and tekken 3! i now have 36 fps on tekken 3! finally doesn't seem like slow motion anymore! thanks man! :D when i started this game only played at 12-14 fps. i discovered the odd even fix,busy fix,lazy update, high res boot fix, and frame skip mode which brought me to 22-24 fps. i am enjoying the speed but do miss the sound though :?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 am
Guru

Lazy Update fix gave me a decent jump in FPS for at least FF VII. I also think turning fullscreen off helps as well. I did a lot of testing and don't remember exactly everything...

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next