A lot of new overclocking tools, anyone try them?

SNYPE2K9
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: Copper 0.0001

A lot of new overclocking tools, anyone try them?

Postby SNYPE2K9 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 am

Since overclocking has now become common on the Rhodium and the Raphael, I was wondering if anyone has tried FPSECE overclocked. Since most phones can reach between 710-768 Mhz overclocked I would have to assume that there would be some kind of performance difference (though perhaps a smaller overclock would be necessary for stability). Has anyone noticed a performance difference? Are most games fullspeed? Is it a little closer to HD2 performance?

I'm getting a new Rhodium or Raphael (haven't decided if the extra $100 is worth it) and so I'm getting back into the scene and seeing what I've missed in the past 6 or so months.

previtus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: WM 6.1
ROM: AthineOS 23081 HTC Naked

Re: A lot of new overclocking tools, anyone try them?

Postby previtus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi,
I am proud owner of Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium). (The basic European version)

I use overclocking tool from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ost7463284 (OverClockTool v1.5)
Settings: 729,6 Mhz and everything else on 0 (there are some settings to dynamically OC, which I don't need)

I turn OC on before playing and off after it. And it worked! I noticed difference while playing FF8 (I played FF7 without OC on +- 55 fps and FF8 was slower and choppy)
Now it's less choppy :D. (Well, in areas on world map its slower, but it doesnt matter that much).

I can't say some firm percentage, but it REALLY helped :).

(And question to others: How much did it helped for you (and how far did you go in overclocking?))
(PS: I am sorry about potential mistakes)

Return to “HTC Rhodium (Touch Pro2 / Tilt2)”