View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Strange Graphics Issues and Crash to Today Screen 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: 2.04.651.4
Post Strange Graphics Issues and Crash to Today Screen
Hello Everyone!

For a week now I have been enjoying the supporter version of FPSEce with the FF7 US roms. I have read a significant amount of documentation regarding the software and ini files (ugh). In addition I have been working with schtruck in getting some assistance from the Microsoft Windows Phone development team to help assist with memory issues. I really don't care too much about playing other Sony games at this time other than FF7 but I do know others should enjoy whatever ROM they wish. Here's my minor issue:

HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM (Sprint) Windows Phone 6.5
I have turned HTC Sense UI off for the meantime
Approximately 90mb of free memory
I cannot get past the inital intro screen to start a new game without the emulator crashing to the today screen or if it does load all I see is blurry colors for video. I have used GFXDRV=2 at the moment to attempt to get the game to run. Here's my log file:

Initializing system...
---------------------------------------------------------
(.) Allocating memory blocks...
(.) Initializing hardware resources...
-> (.) Looking for skin size 480x420.
-> (.) SCEE zone selected.
(.) Geometry Transformation Engine...
-> (.) Using DSP V5 GTE engine.
(.) Motion Decoder Engine...
-> (!) No decoder is found. Using portable engine
(.) Initializing BIOS resources...
-> (.) Loading 'SCPH1001.BIN'...
-> (.) Compiling...
(.) Loading files...

Opening console...

What is the decoder? Why is it not found?

I have noticed that the peopspu109.dll does work better than the 0peopspu109.dll for sound and in addition it seems DirectX video works better for perfomance (GFXDRV=4). Unfortunately while I have finally resolved the funky and choppy sound, it plays the music too fast.

Schtruck mentioned something about timing and patch=64. I noticed the gamelist.ini file and I have the magic number for the game but what is entered here to patch it (what variables add up to 64)?

Edit:
Good Morning Everyone,

After performing a hard reset on my device and reinstalling the free version. Here's my first attempt to run FPSEce with Sense UI off. The emulator loaded the rom then as soon as I selected new game, I got the fuzzy colored jibberish screen and then an app crash. Here's the log:

FPSE - *FREE* PlayStation Emulator
WinCE-PE Version 0.10 by FPSE team
BUILD Dec 21 2009 11:25:17

Porting done by Schtruck

Initializing system...
(.) Allocating memory blocks...
(.) Initializing hardware resources...
-> (x) Failed SPU load.
-> (.) Looking for skin size 480x420.
-> (.) SCEE zone selected.
(.) Geometry Transformation Engine...
-> (.) Using DSP V5 GTE engine.
(.) Motion Decoder Engine...
-> (!) No decoder is found. Using portable engine
(.) Initializing BIOS resources...
-> (.) Loading 'SCPH1001.BIN'...
-> (.) Compiling...
(.) Loading files...

Opening console...

I will try playing with the ini now and see what happens, maybe I will email Schtruck any ideas anyone?

Edit 2:
Okay everyone,

Here's the video of my issue that I posted to YouTube last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SnBmuIMTh0

Here's the response from Schtruck I got this morning. I will take the advice and post the results tomorrow.
sorry, my previous message was too short

So , your device is a one with Sliding keyboard, on those device, there is a small problem with DirectX, it handle Orientation then Remap all Video Memory depending of the Screen Orientation. The problem is that Orientation Change Windows Message arrive too late, and while everything is done is Realtime in FpseCE, i have somes small problem to do it correctly...

So rollback to LFB video mode ( GFXDRV=3).

Then looking at your video, there is a BIG problem, you don't have the Last Official SKIN, and i think it could be a Problem.

Go to Forum, Download section, and get the last PluginPack from SimonMaillon

Gimme feedback after.

Thanks.

Schtruck.

Edit 3:
Bad news everyone. It didn't work. While the skin looks nice, it only fixed the landscape issue. The video still goes fuzzy but the app doesn't crash.

Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: Strange Graphics Issues and Crash to Today Screen
Two questions. I don't know why I'm typing them, because the answer to both is clearly a resounding "no". :|

1. Have you noticed the little blue button at the top-right of your posts? It's the edit button. Which leads me onto my second question...

2. Have you read the forum rules? I'm pretty sure I included double (or in this case, quadruple) posting as something you are not permitted to do.

On to your problem. Since the Touch Pro2 is essentially the Xperia X1 (my device), I'm assuming that the same configuration is necessary for them. Also, you play FFVII, which is what I mainly go on too.

So, try my ini file to start with (attached). Make sure to delete all of the files in the CFG folder and also your existing fpse.ini.

Second, don't rotate the screen to landscape right, because it messes it up 9 times out of 10. Landscape left (device tips counter-clockwise, screen clockwise, the way it turns when you open the keyboard) is fine.

Next, use LFB as schtruck said, because it is far better on these phones than DirectX is.

See how that works then write back here, preferably in a single message.

Attachments:
fpse.rar [1.54 KiB]
Downloaded 147 times

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands
Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
If you're still having issues, its a mis-configuration. Take a look at the config file I posted in device area for our phone. I had no issues running FF VII.

Sun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: 2.04.651.4
Great News Everyone! I have resolved the strange crash at videos in FF7. It was related to my ROM. Oddly, when I copied the ROMs wuth Pocket ISO per the instructions, this was the cause. Taking the regular .bin files that I have for the game and transferring those to the phone have resolved the issue. What could Pocket ISO be doing to these ROMs?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]