View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Little Mistakes That Kill Us 

Primary Device: HTC Leo HD2
Operating System: 6.5 Professional
ROM: Gran Tourismo 2
Post The Little Mistakes That Kill Us
So multitouch wasn't working, and seems a common problem. What I was doing wrong... and it was a lot.

First off, I was editing the CFG file that tells you simply that game config files will be in the CFG directory. I've always found configurations for a system in a cfg file, or that was my thinking anyway. So I was editing that when I was trying to get GT2 working and since there was a change in the gameplay with my G sensor, I thought I was doing it right. Nope.

The reason I couldn't find the fpse.ini and edit it was that when I went to open it, it told me it wasn't a valid application. Finally I read under the NOOB thread.. 0; that word was being used to open it and edit it. Finally... however when I found the fpse.ini file posted there and used that... next thing you know fpse the emulator, was no longer a valid application... Last time I deleted and started all over. This time, I took my battery out, waited a little bit, and rebooted.

So when I came back, I decided to try a different game and opened up The Unholy War and next thing you know I'm running around, shooting, all at the same time. So then I go to CFG and there's the nice new cfg file for Unholy War, and the old nasty cfg file for GT2. Need to get rid of that and everything should just be fine. It's always the little mistakes that get you. If you want to share yours, can this be the place?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:49 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: The Little Mistakes That Kill Us
My little mistake? Agreeing to write the documentation. There are two reasons for this:

1. I am the worst procrastinator in the world... ever. But also a perfectionist. So I put off writing it time and time again, then when I do start I'm working for hours sorting out the spelling and grammar. :oops:

2. No one reads it anyway, so I feel as though I'm wasting my time. :(

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:53 pm
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Cloud: Well Word have spell check right? Also You could get us to help you (you still can).

And my little mistakes?
Doing nice thread about G-sensor configuring when G-sensor config was not available for HD2.
Not getting latest supporter version and making fool of myself around the forum.

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
It's not so much that I make spelling mistakes, far from it. It's more like I'll write the same sentence 15 times until it sounds right and makes grammatical sense. That's usually accompanied by a couple of typos too.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10
I tend to do that, I quite often edit posts after re-reading them because they don't sound right. I'm not a fan of brutalising the english language. Though I make plenty of typos. You can tell if I make a post from my PC or my HD2. From my PC it's a lot more grammatically correct.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]