View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 With HD2 hardware will there be better emulators? 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Duttys Rom
Post With HD2 hardware will there be better emulators?
I remember FPSECE running on my X51V a long time ago. While the device was released a long time ago (and the hardware specs were great for it's time) it's still a pretty old device that was able to run FPSECE. Now we have something like the Nexus One and HTC HD2 that have pretty much the best processors that mobile phones bring. What now? Is it likely that these devices will now be able to run better emulators? Now I know it's too much to expect, but anything like N64 emulator? A real low version of PS2? Gamecube? Anything like those devices? It still does amaze me that you guys got the PSX to run on PPC devices, but what is it going to take for newer game systems to be emulated on current devices? Are the people that created FPSECE working on or going to make any other emulator not PSX based?

Sat May 08, 2010 11:11 pm
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Post Re: With HD2 hardware will there be better emulators?
I'm not developer or anyone with specific information from them, but I'm pretty sure they will continue to develop FPSEce. Schtruck is adding cool features almost weekly and he still changed version from 0.10 to only 0.10.1 so I guess he has more plans with this great app. About the more advanced system to emulate, yes. I'm pretty sure we could (we = HD2 owners) emulate thing like N64 and PSP or even PS2 with medium game play quality. But we woult need really good emulator that would be perfectly optimized (just like 0.10 version of FPSEce). On the other hand, dont expect any emulator anytime soon. As you know the development now is pretty low as WP7 is nearing and it wont have backward compability with these days APPs. So I guess if there will be emulator like this, it will be started some time after WP7 spreads. But then again, I dont think that there will be one even after =/

Also this should be in Off topic as it¨s not device related FPSEce problem =)

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Sun May 09, 2010 8:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]