View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 v0.10 Xperia X1 performance and configuration 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: v0.1 Xperia performance
I have auto rotate disabled, since I can only use the keyboard in one orientation any way.
I'm seeing what difference ArmCoreMMX makes... I've tried it on, so now I'm disabling it.
I'll post back in a few with my findings.

*EDIT*
I thought the fps counter may have been misleading me, so I put my FFVII disc in my PS3, to see how fast it should be running, and had it on my phone at the same time to see the difference.
As far as, what my eye could see, there was very little, if any difference.

In landscape, full screen, LFB, ArmV5, HLE on and sound off: The fps counter says 40-42 average.
In portrait, with the same settings (now with frame limiter on), it is pretty much always 50 (sometimes hits approx. 45 in battle, and that exp. screen afterwards).

Neither orientation seems to be faster than the other though, so I'm thinking the fps counter is inaccurate. And both look and move the same as on the PS3. :?

I'm done for this afternoon, I'll test those other games I mentioned tomorrow at some point. 8-)

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Last edited by CloudStrife86 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Primary Device: Acer s200
Operating System: 6.5.3
ROM: Rafyvitto_Acer_s200_LEO_28205_BlacK_NeO_v.2.0
Hey cloud ive got a htc fuze, and since you have an xperia our CPU's are the same the only difference is the nano meters, mine's smaller, anyways i was wondering if shruck compiled a open gl ES plugin for our devices on board ati imageon, if he compiles a plugin with the proper libraries and wrapper, our devices will gain a significantly boost in fps, since the stress of rendering the graphics will go to the onboard GPU, and the cpu will only have to handle the emulators instructions and sound, and a question for shruck , are you looking for any HTC vga accelerometer enabled device beta tester for the fpse ce v0.1, if your are im your man, ive been following this project for quite some years, anyways good luck on the upcoming release shruck and ldchen(i think i missed i few letters on your nicks xD), give this plugin a though it will make a lot of msm72xx devices owners happy. ;)

Att:
Rafyvitto

ROM:Rafyvitto_Acer_s200_LEO_28009_BlacK_NeO_Edition_BETA_v.0.1
SD CARD: 8gb Micro SD San disk

[COLOR="Black"]My blogspot:[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.windowsmobilejunkies.blogspot.com[/URL]/[/COLOR]
http://twitter.com/Rafyvitto
[url="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9876680"][COLOR="Blue"]Donate[/COLOR][/url]

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 pm
Global Moderator

Rafyvitto wrote:
i was wondering if shruck compiled a open gl ES plugin for our devices on board ati imageon, if he compiles a plugin with the proper libraries and wrapper, our devices will gain a significantly boost in fps

If you know how to make such a plugin, you could give it a try. Contributing to the project is the best way of getting to be a tester.
If you can't, maybe you could send a pm to schtruck, see if he'll make one for 0.11?

If I remember correctly, Qball, ported a graphics driver to use in fpsece, maybe he'd be just the very fellow to make this plugin too (No pressure Qball :lol: ).

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:29 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
CloudStrife86 wrote:
Contributing to the project is the best way of getting to be a tester.

I disagree... I want to be a tester, but who asked?
Yes, few months ago I tryed to make GPU plugin based on OpenES... I did something, but my experience in C++ aspire to zero :D

Anyway nice to see you in testers group!!! :D

Last edited by Q-Ball on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Primary Device: Acer s200
Operating System: 6.5.3
ROM: Rafyvitto_Acer_s200_LEO_28205_BlacK_NeO_v.2.0
CloudStrife86 wrote:
Rafyvitto wrote:
i was wondering if shruck compiled a open gl ES plugin for our devices on board ati imageon, if he compiles a plugin with the proper libraries and wrapper, our devices will gain a significantly boost in fps

If you know how to make such a plugin, you could give it a try. Contributing to the project is the best way of getting to be a tester.
If you can't, maybe you could send a pm to schtruck, see if he'll make one for 0.11?

If I remember correctly, Qball, ported a graphics driver to use in fpsece, maybe he'd be just the very fellow to make this plugin too (No pressure Qball :lol: ).

Sadly i dont have the required experience nor knowledge to develop the plugin, and regarding the plugin Qball(no disrespect) compiled, he just grabbed an open gl ES library and compiled it, plugins arnt so easy to make, they require proper libraries and wrappers for the specific GPU's there been compiled for, maybe shruck can have a look into this, im a 100% sure he knows whats required for this plugin to be implemented onto the fpse ce v0.1 code.

ROM:Rafyvitto_Acer_s200_LEO_28009_BlacK_NeO_Edition_BETA_v.0.1
SD CARD: 8gb Micro SD San disk

[COLOR="Black"]My blogspot:[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.windowsmobilejunkies.blogspot.com[/URL]/[/COLOR]
http://twitter.com/Rafyvitto
[url="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9876680"][COLOR="Blue"]Donate[/COLOR][/url]

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 pm
Which ROM are you using?
And could you make a video of your X1 running FFVII?
It's the only game I bought my X1 for...9 month ago...and I couldn't make it work until now :(
And what about FFVII on 0.96? Could you make a video of this, too? I'd like to ocmpare it with the speed of my X1 movie (for the others: here you can read the background and watch my vidz: http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45&start=50&sid=56a04756b8aa8cb45bf53d6dccf73670...).
Hope there is no prob with my X1 and that FFVII will be full speed playable on my device, if 0.10 is released :twisted:

Edith asks:
Quote:
I forgot about the exp screen, it goes about 1x 10^-6000 fps :evil: on mine as well. I think that screen is just fubar.

Any improvement of this??

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:25 pm
Global Moderator

I don't need to read the history, because I'm the one who's been trying to help you :)
I'll try and borrow a video camera from a friend, and make a comparison video between 0.09.6 and 0.1.
The exp screen is much faster on 0.1, but still drops some frames (something like 35 or so).
I'll let you know when I manage to get a video up.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm
Yeah, the link is for the others which perhaps may search something about X1 ans FPSEce ... or some people just not knowing, whats going on.

I hope to hear from you, mate :) :ugeek:

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Primary Device: Toshiba TG01
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Stock (Build 21840.5.0.60)
Thanks for the updates :D
What setup are you running CloudStrife86 - are you running the stock Xperia rom with Windows Mobile 6.1?

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:50 pm

Have you installed the 2d/3d msm7x drivers from xda? They offer better performance in 2d/3d graphics.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachm ... 1246361780

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next